Monday, July 27, 2009

Blue Monday

It's been a hellish 2 days but I understand it is only going to get worse as I continue with treatments. It seems when I eat I actually feel better albeit for a little while. I look like my almost 89-year old father hobbling back and forth from the bedroom to the sofa to the bathroom. So far the nasuea hasn't been too bad. The pains and the inability to stay comfortable for very long makes the day tedious. I try not to moan too much....:)

They say I should eat a lot of protein to counter the effects of the chemo. Not a very easy thing to do. Theirry took a trip to Whole Foods on his bike and picked up some Whey and made me a drink - ICK! But I drank it! We'll need to work on this tho - because as I move forward with my treatment I may be living off the stuff. Yesterday Lauren and Mike came over on the way home from the shore and made pasta and meatballs - with real beef - it was a great dinner. I had one of the meatballs for lunch today. I've also been eating a lot of fruit - cantelope tastes particularly good right now.

When I feel well enough I'll think of some dinners I can make and freeze - problem is I won't know what I'll feel like eating. The usual stuff I make for the boat may not be appealing - like chili and meatsauce.

On Saturday my friend Faye came over and brought me a cute hat (and some cupcakes which seem to be magically disappearing).

Lot's of you have been sending me some funny and interesting stuff to read. I promise I'll get to all of it - reading is difficult when you have your head stuffed in a pillow! I do manage to go on the little net book to read your comments and emails - this makes my day - thanks so much. I know many of you are having trouble posting comments to the site. I think it wants you to register with google or have a google account, which is free.

Today was a difficult day - but not as bad as yesterday!

8 comments:

Lisa Ruff said...

We're thinking of you. Well, we're thinking about those cupcakes, too. I can't imagine where how they're going . . .

Unknown said...

You hang in there Mary, we are all thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Your blog has helped me in thinking about my brother's cancer and his chemo that he is also going through right now. Sweet dreams.

Unknown said...

I am trying to think of a magic word to make your pain go away. in the meantime, I'll just say I love you.

Barbara Gruenwald said...

You are surrounded by love and prayers (not to mention wonderful meatballs)...hang in there...

JT said...

Hang in there. I am grateful to SKYPE for the chance to see you. I pray for you constantly and love you very much. Jean

JudyS said...

Mary: Your posting yesterday reminded me of some parts of Lance Armstrong's "Its Not About the BIke". Regardless of whether you are or are not a fan of his, his book is something I would love to send to you -- just let me know when. And if it is cupcakes you want, just say the word! I don't have a huge repertoire, but cup cakes I can manage! Much love....J

marydcc said...

You are in my daily prayers and thoughts, and I have seen your father if you look that great God Bless you!!! please try to stay positive, healing can bee a state of mind too.

Unknown said...

Your 89 year old father was, is and will always be one of the sexiest men I have ever known and that's never been a secret. So if you're looking that good, praise the Lord!! I follow this blog faithfully and although I've never commented before, hopefully I've made you chuckle and reminisce. Don't you remember your mother 'eyeing' me sidways as I brazenly 'checked out' your dad?? Through good times and bad, I will be here for you, should you need me. Margaret