Monday, August 24, 2009

Red at Night, Sailor's Delight

This is Mary as a redhead – okay so it's auburn! I call it my Raquel Welch do – to be worn when I want to be sassy (how's that for a word), or a throw-back to the 70's. I am calling it Raquel because she has a line of wigs and this looks like one of them – although this is not one of hers. This one is pretty neat in that the top looks like your scalp, so the part looks very natural.

The weekend ended up on a good note. We took C-Minor out and our friends came along. We cruised along the Bristol waterfront, then docked at The Wharf restaurant in Burlington for lunch. Bristol looked like it might have some charm, but, unfortunately, there are no landings or marinas in Bristol where we could tie up. The Wharf restaurant, which is only open until Labor Day, leaves much to be desired. It is an okay place to stop for a beer, but the food was not very good. The Delaware has stretches here and there of residences (some beautiful, large Victorian homes) and some wilderness, but mostly it is an industrial river, flanked by distribution centers and abandoned piers and warehouses, and very few places to tie up and go ashore.

I have felt pretty good this weekend, although I have been getting headaches in the morning and then again in the late afternoon. I understand this is a side affect of the chemo – luckily Tylenol takes care of them. I also feel pressure on my right side, which causes me concern. I trust the headaches and pains are not related – but again, will grill the doctor on Thursday. The treatment I receive this week will be the last of this cycle. I get a week off, then start the cycle of three again. With a little luck the pains are a sign the cancer is shrinking!

We are going to take Curlew out next week – Thierry will go down to the boat early to get rid of the cobwebs, load water and turn on the fridge. We're both looking forward to getting out on the Bay and into the fresh air – hopefully the humidity will all be gone by then.

It's been a good day, and I bid you all a good night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does that sailor's delight comment mean that this is Thierry's favorite wig? I think it looks really great, too! I love you

Mary B said...

I think Thierry likes the change in scenery!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how different you look in the two wigs (I actually think you look a lot like your sister, Ann, in this one, for some reason)! Remeber, redheads get to have tempers so, bring on the stomping fits in public . . .

Mary B said...

Yes, different - also I don't think the picture with the red wig was a good one. We'll do a retake.