Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank You

As I sit here and gaze out the window watching the snow falling lightly in the city, I am thinking about the meaning of holidays and how they impact our lives.

Today, as Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, I suppose we should be thinking about all the things we are thankful for. I am sure, however, most of us are thinking about the cooking we have to do, how we are going to fit all the people around the table or packing the car to get us to our family dinner.

Hopefully we don’t need a holiday to remind us that we can devote small amounts of time each week (month or year) remembering our parents, giving gifts of time or other resources to those in need, and finding ways to let our friends and family know how fortunate we are to have them in our lives.

As I write this I know I am remiss in thanking all of my blog followers for reading my rants, commenting and showing support as I go through my cancer/chemo experience.

Thanks to all of you. May you be surrounded by those you love and your lives be filled with joy.




1 comment:

Roely Vos said...

Dear Mary,

I follow your blog again for a few weeks now en I can only say that I am deeply touched how you’ re handle things. How you write about your family, things that keeps you busy, and about your illness. So, Ik thank you, very much!
Unfortunately we know each other not very well (We met in Florence last year, you know?) and unfortunately for me the language is a problem for me to express myself precisely.
I wish you the very best en lots of love to, including Thierry.
Roely